International Student Scholarship (ISS) program is a full grant provided by Universitas Islam Negeri Maulana Malik Ibrahim for prospective international students who dream of getting new experience and feel the atmosphere, process, and quality of moderate-Islamic education in Indonesia.
The university’s education system is designed by integrating science and religion to enrich insights and spiritual experiences to be shared and brought back to their respective countries.
In the academic year 2023, Universitas Islam Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang offers scholarship programs for international students to study at the Bachelors (S1), Masters (S2), and Doctorate (S3) degree.
- Strengthening cooperation between Universitas Islam Negeri Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang and partner countries in religion, education, and culture.
- Providing opportunities for international communities to experience living and studying at Universitas Islam Negeri Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang.
- Foreign Citizens (WNA) who at least have completed secondary school for Bachelor’s program applicant;
- Foreign Citizens (WNA) who have obtained bachelor degree for Master’s program applicant;
- Foreign Citizens (WNA) who have obtained Masters degree for Doctoral program applicant;
- Having good results at the previous level of education;
- Not dealing with legal issues.
- Registration Fee
- Indonesian Language for Foreign Speakers (BIPA)
- Tuition Fees
- Examination Fees
- Student Housing
Disclaimer: ISS program year 2023 does not cover the living Cost.
|2 Semesters||Indonesian Language Preparation (BIPA) Program|
|8 Semesters||for Bachelor Program|
|4 Semesters||for Master Program|
|6 Semesters||for Doctoral Program|
Study Programs for Bachelor
|1||Islamic Education||14||English Literature|
|2||Social Science Education||15||Psychology|
|3||Elementary School Teacher Education||16||Management|
|4||Arabic Language Education||17||Accounting|
|5||Islamic Early Chilhood Education||18||Sharia Banking|
|6||Management in Islamic Education||19||Mathematics|
|7||English Language Education||20||Biology|
|9||Islamic Family Law||22||Physics|
|10||Islamic Economic Law||23||Informatics Engineering|
|11||Constitutional Law||24||Architecture Engineering|
|12||Al-Quran and Tafseer||25||Library and Information Science|
|13||Arabic Language and Literature||26||Pharmacy|
Study Programs for Magister
|1||Management in Islamic Education||7||Sharia Economic|
|2||Arabic Language Education||8||Mathematics Education|
|4||Elementary School Teacher Study||10||Psychology|
|5||Islamic Education||11||Informatic Science|
|6||Islamic Family Law||12||Arabic Language and Literature|
Study Programs for Doctors
|1||Management in Islamic Education|
|2||Arabic Language Education|
|3||Islamic Education Based on Interdisciplinary Studies|
|4||Islamic Family Law|
- Fill out the application form
- Attach a copy of valid pasport/ID
- Attach a copy of the last diploma and transcript
- Send a recent formal photo (4 x 6 sized)
- Attach a curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Reference/recommendation letter from Indonesian Embassy or Consulate
- Provide certificate of clearance from the authority of the origin country
- Attach a certificate of Arabic/English language proficiency
- Attach a certificate of Indonesian languaage proficiency (optional)
Note: all the abovementioned documents must be translated into English or Indonesian
- Applicants for Bachelor programs MUST NOT be older than 23 years old on April 1st, 2023;
- Applicants for Master programs MUST NOT be older than 35 years old on April 1st, 2023;
- Applicants for Doctorate programs MUST NOT be older than 45 years old on April 1st, 2023;
- Applicants for Doctoral programs MUST submit a dissertation/research proposal.
- Register at the io.uin-malang.ac.id
- Complete the registration form on the link provided;
- Attach the files specified in the requirements;
- Applicants receive proof of registration;
- Applicants take part in portfolio review and online interviews;
- The final selection results will be announced in the website (io.uin-malang.ac.id)
- Comply with the Indonesian laws and regulations;
- Participate in all academic activities organized by Universitas Islam Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang;
- Obtain GPA of no less than 2.50 for two consecutive semesters at the taken study program;
- Complete the education in accordance with the time specified earlier (see DURATION);
- Participate in the Indonesian Language for Foreign Speakers (BIPA) Program.
Sanctions are given to awardees in the following conditions:
- Summoned to collect information and given the First Warning Letter (SP1);
- If awardees violate/ignore the First Warning Letter (SP1), they will be given a further warning or a Second Warning Letter (SP2);
- If awardees violate/ignore the Second Warning Letter (SP2), the scholarship will be halted.